Friday, December 9, 2011

Kerastase Elixir Ultime Review.

A lot of my readers have been asking me how do I take care of my hair. And I can say that part of taking care of your hair is the products you use. So naturally I was thrilled to be send the new Kerastase Elixir Ultime to try out and to share with you the results.

L'Oreal Greece sent me this gorgeous package of the product to try out and I was stunned! The collector's box is beautiful and the gold bedding of the product is actually a gold shawl -- great for a night out or for wearing during the summer.


Kerastase Elixir Ultime: What is it?

It is Kerastase's first versatile beautifying treatment enriched with a complex for four precious oils. Maize, Argan, Camellia and Pracaxi oils combine to create a luxurious Elixir for all hair types.

1. Pracaxi Oil:
Originates from Amazonian regions. Celebrated for its rich conditioning properties.

2. Argan Oil:
Deriving from Morocco, it remains one of the rarest oils in the world. It is a prized oil famed for its nourishing benefits.

3. Maize Oil:
Extracted from corn germs from Central America. A Kerastase heritage oil used in our first ever masque.

4. Camellia Oil:
A luxurious and fragrant oil, extracted from camellia flowers traditionally from Central and Eastern Asia.




There is a lot of hype surrounding this serum even comparing it to liquid gold. And I don't blame them.

It's consistency and texture is very light -- which is a major pro since you don't want heavy/oily products wearing your hair down. It applies on so smoothly that 1 pump is just enough for me -- a little goes a long way.

When I applied the Elixir Ultime I noticed right away that my hair was indeed silky smooth without any greasy residue giving my hair such a healthy and shiny glow LOVE LOVE LOVE! Even after one day of having my hair in a bun/ponytail, I can still see and feel the effect of the product.

The scent is amazing and yet light and I really love the dispenser bottle cause with a pump you can control the right amount you need, twisting it closed when your done so it doesn't spill.

One of the most exciting features of this serum is that it can be used in several ways:

-Pre-wash to remove impurities.
-Pre-blow dry or flat iron as a heat protector.
-Post-dry/flat iron to smooth, soften and shine.
-As a hot oil treatment.



Overall: ♥♥♥♥♥

The only negative thing that can be mentioned about this product is that it's pricey. But hey, you get what you pay for and for such a versatile product and from such a respected company, I can only find the price logical.

This serum has definitely taken a place in my hair routine and I will be using it on my hair extensions too.

Has anyone tried this serum? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that product, im on my second bottle hehe! The smell is amazing and i use it everyday on my hair for about anything.

    ReplyDelete